Opportunity Seeking with the VentureLab Workbook
Entrepreneurs observe, identify, and act to solve problems. They get a lot of ideas for new businesses by thinking about how they could change things and how they could make life better for people. We call this opportunity seeking! You show opportunity seeking mindset when you:
- Find quicker ways to clean your room.
- Suggest another way to solve a problem to your science lab partners.
- Figure out a new way to improve your product to better help your customers.
This week’s activities are:
- How Do You Show the Opportunity Seeking Mindset? Write ways that you practice opportunity seeking at home, at school, and in your community
- Observation Walk. Take a walk somewhere in your neighborhood. Use your senses to make observations about what you see, touch, hear, and smell. Seek opportunities to fix problems! (Click here to see more about Observation Walks!)
- SCAMPER. Look first at a cookie, then at a household object and find new ways to improve them! (Learn more about SCAMPER here!)
For more opportunity seeking, check out our Observation Walk video: