At VentureLab, we’re creating the next generation of creative entrepreneurs. That’s why we intentionally design programs where students can actually practice the kind of innovating that entrepreneurs do to bring their creative ideas to life.
Our programs include fun, hands-on, experiential learning that focuses on strengthening kids’ entrepreneurial thinking, ingenuity, creativity, and confidence. They encourage young people, and especially girls, to be independent thinkers—to venture outside the box and create unique, norm-defying solutions for the challenges they are passionate about solving.
Our Approach to Entrepreneurship Education
Entrepreneurship isn’t just about starting companies; it is a skillset and a way of thinking. The core of entrepreneurship is building a solution to a problem. It involves identifying needs, brainstorming creative solutions, innovating, and taking calculated risks. In short, it’s about having a vision and making it a reality.
That’s why at VentureLab we believe the true value in learning and practicing entrepreneurship lies in nurturing and growing an overall mindset and skillset – the ability to be confident and creative, to learn from failure, and to work well with others to bring your ideas to life. Our fun, innovative programs help create courageous, enterprising youths, especially girls, who dare to dream and do!
See our current openings below:
We are seeking a freelance Curriculum Writer to be responsible for developing, creating, and editing a variety of educational materials that make entrepreneurial learning come to life for young people, and especially girls. Our learning materials incorporate the mindset (e.g. creativity, curiosity, empathy, and courage) and skillset (e.g. idea generation, market research design thinking, prototyping and pitching) and are intentionally designed with how girls’ learn best in mind.
We are looking for multiple writers who have experience creating or teaching Career and Technical Education programs.
Ideal candidates will:
• Share the company’s vision and commitment and be passionate about preparing today’s youth with the mindset and skillset they need to succeed in 21st century jobs.
• Implement best practices to engage high school students.
• Understand the principles of maker education, design thinking, and project/problem based learning.
• Have an understanding of how girls learn best/how to keep girls from falling into a set of limited beliefs about their potential.
• Have experience writing or teaching youth entrepreneurship (preferred, not required).
• College graduate with a degree in Education or a related field
• 3+ years teaching high school students (in school or afterschool setting)
• Experience in curriculum writing
• Ability to align with applicable CTE standards
• Experience in adult education (preferred)
• Review, revise and develop original activities around entrepreneurship and CTE that:
• Are simple to implement
• Are interactive, hands-on and engaging
• Promote collaboration, communication and problem-solving
• Are consistent with our brand promises: fun, innovative, inclusive
• Collaborate with other curriculum writers
• Respond to and implement feedback from VentureLab team in a timely manner
• Consistently meet assigned deadlines
VentureLab is located in Austin, TX. This is a remote position/can be done from anywhere.
Strong preference will be given to candidates who have a background in delivering training and professional development to adults. VentureLab curriculum writers may have additional opportunities to deliver professional development based on VentureLab’s youth entrepreneurship curriculum.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to VentureLab at email@example.com.